As we wind down 2021 and prepare for a fresh year ahead of us, join us for a quiet moment of reflection on the year that you've had, and how we can move through the new year with mindfulness and intention.
What you'll need
- Somewhere to note down your thoughts. It can be pen and paper, a notebook, or an app on your phone or computer. Use whatever format works for you!
- 15 minutes of alone time
- A quiet, comfortable space
- An essential oil roll-on or spray
Before you start
Journalling is an incredibly personal practice, and looks different for everyone! Each of us will have our own ways of reflecting that work best for us.
Journalling might seem like a daunting commitment that requires a lot of your time. If that works for you, go for it! If not, try spending just a short time noting down any thoughts and feelings you notice.
Whether you only write a few words, or write several pages, what's most important is that you write for yourself, and use this moment to find rest and relief.
To slow down and relax before you journal, put on the essential oil blend you have chosen. Breathe deeply, and focus on the scent.
Gently slow down your breathing and allow the muscles in your body to relax and loosen.
New year reflection prompts
Take a few minutes to ponder on these questions. When you're ready, write down your thoughts.
- In 3 words, how would you describe your 2021?
- What are 3 things you're grateful for in 2021? For example, who has made the most impact in your life? What memory makes you smile, and what did it feel like?
- What is your biggest lesson you've learned that you would like to bring into the new year?
- In 2022, I would like to be...
Continuing your reflections through the year
If you enjoyed this journalling break, consider keeping a journal and returning to your reflections throughout the year. Check out our Instagram for more journal prompts that we post regularly.
We hope this quiet moment of reflection helped put 2021 in perspective for you. Take care!